Monday, February 6, 2012

Rethinking my thesis

I have been doing some research on my subject to see what is out there on the subject. I purchased History of Beauty this past week. In reading parts of the book I have found that I don't want to talk much about ancient time, (Rome and Greece). The reason is because there isn't much written on this particular subject. I was thinking about just focusing my paper on comparing the 1800 to the 1900 and focusing on the change that occurs between the two decades.
As I have been thinking about this, I have decided that I am going to focus on the social standards of beauty and what was required of women during these times. I haven't looked much into what happened in the early 1900 that the ideal body changes so this week I am going to look into materials involving that.
I am not planning on mathematically comparing the bodies from each decade. I am more concerned with the why it occurred not the physically comparison.

1 comment:

  1. I am feeling the same about my thesis. So you are just doing 1800 1900 ?

    ReplyDelete